Thursday, March 16, 2017

Laundry is Dumb + Other Stuff

 Hey everyone!
Here are some of the things I have been working on these past couple weeks. I'm currently catching up on a bunch of commissions, so I will be able to show those to you guys once everything is finalized!


I basically just scribbled this hair. It ended up being the therapy I needed. haha


 Laundry is literally the worst thing in the entire world. Well, okay, it is to me! I always put it off until the last second, so there is always an enormous pile to deal with!


 This sketch was actually done a while ago, but I was looking through some sketch books and found it. I remember when I drew it, I wasn't super stoked on how it looked. But a year later, I found it and actually think it's pretty fun!


I was messing around with different style choices in my sketchbook yesterday and posted it on Instagram. Someone pointed out that it looks a lot like Mel Milton's work (check his stuff out HERE). I was definitely flattered!


 I started working on this little wood piece yesterday as well! I carved it out of some balsa wood (I think?), primed it, and then started to paint on it with gouache. It's looking a lot like Kiki from Kiki's Delivery Service, but I'm hoping to have it look a little less like her by the time I'm done with it! Maybe a little more on the creepy side? I guess we will see!


 I sketched this out on International Women's Day and then put it in Photoshop to clean up a bit.

That's everything for this week! Thanks for the support, as always! :)


Cheers,
Ashley
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment