Thursday, June 19, 2014

I look the same as I did when I was 5

Hey humans, how goes it? I am having a much better week than last week! So that's an improvement. I have just been working on some commissions and stuff for the newspaper. Even though I don't have as much to show as I normally do, I figured it was better than nothing.
 
 
Since it was father's day on Sunday, I ended up sorting through some old pictures, trying to find a couple of me and my dad. In the process, I ran across some seriously silly pictures of myself, this one included. (That's my mom! Isn't she an 80's babe?) I also discovered that I have scrapbooks filled with my old art, from the first time I picked up a pencil up until the end of grade school. I couldn't believe that my mom saved all that junk, until I started looking through it. She claims she always knew that I was going to be an artist, and I always shrug it off. But as I started looking through the books, I was pretty amused by myself. I remembered exactly what I was trying to draw and honestly, they were not too bad for a 5 year old! Anyways, the point of that is I think it might be fun to share some of my early art with you guys. Its pretty hilarious. So let me know if you think that would be a good idea, and depended on the responses, I might just do it anyways. 

A caricature of my cousin and her husband... I've been getting a lot of commissions for caricatures, and I love it! It's so entertaining to try and skew someone's features ever-so-slightly.

I drew this last night for the Sketch Dailies prompt... Sailor Moon! I couldn't resist, seeing as I was obsessed with that anime as a child (and still have a soft spot for it!)

I also am having a giveaway currently! But it closes tonight! So hurry and enter if you want! Just go check out my instagram @ashleyfairbourneillustration and the details are listed there! 

cheers,
ashley fairbourne

No comments:

Post a Comment