Saturday, August 8, 2015

Sketchy sketches and other doodles

Hey everyone!
So my friend and I have been challenging each other to make art every day for 30 days. I thought it would be a good idea since school starts soon and I could always use some more sketching practice! So far I haven't had any problem meeting the goal, which makes me happy! I just wanted to share a bit of what I've been up to with you all.

 I decided to start a lino cut out, which has proven to be a lot of hard work. I haven't worked on it much since I accidentally sliced open my finger with the blade about a week ago haha. But as soon as it's finished, I'll definitely post the finished project.

 Messing around with my new brush pen.

A sketch of Waldo for Sketch Dailies!

I started sketching my dog for fun. I don't really draw animals that much, or at least I don't think I understand their anatomy as well as I do humans. 

Sick girl sketch. Unfortunately I had some marker bleed through onto the sketch before I got a good picture.

 
The sketch and finished product a commission my friend had me do. She wanted me to make her into a cute cartoon character!

...and finally, some hand practice. Cuz don't we all need practice drawing hands?


Cheers,

Ashley Fairbourne

1 comment:

  1. I'm jealous of that cut out! Finish it and show meeeeee!

    ReplyDelete